How to join
A mindset of Knights of the Immaculata, as it was established by St. Maximilian, points out a clear goal for the society:
Take efforts to convert sinnes, heretics, schizmatics, especially freemasons. Attempt to bring under care and intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary all the people, and therefore into sanctification.
M.I. Preparation for enrollment
Conditions of entry:
1. To give oneself completetly into the hands of Immaculata as a tool in Her Immaculate hands.
2. To suscribe oneself into a registry book of Knights of the Immaculata, specifically in the country in which you have chosen to be a member of Knights of the Immaculata.*
3. To wear a Miraculous Medal.
* Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Means of practicing the fellowship in Knights of Immaculata
1. Everyday say this act of arrow: „O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us, who have recourse to thee, and for all those who do not have recourse to thee, especially the freemasons, and all those who are commended to Thee!”.
2. To take advantage of every adequate mean for the cause of Immaculata, taking into account ones condition, status and circumstances — may each Knight consider this using his own prudence and fervency.
3. Propagation of The Miracelaous Medal is advisable.
— These are only advisable means.
— They do not oblige under sin, even the slightest one. The real boost for this action is love for the Sacred Heart of our Lord Jesus Christ, to align as many souls as possible with Him through Immaculata.
People entering the ranks of Knights of the Immaculata, give themselves to Her with the following consecration composed by St. Maximilian Kolbe:
"O Immaculata, Queen of heaven and earth, refuge of sinners and our Mother most loveable, to whom God deigned to confide the whole order of mercy, I N.N., an unworthy sinner, prostrate myself at Thy feet, humbly begging Thee if Thou wouldst deign to take me wholly and entirely as Thy property and possession and to use me, together with all the powers of my body and soul, my life, my death, my eternity, as pleases Thee. Use the whole of me, if Thou so willest, without any reservations, to fulfill that which is said of Thee, “She has crushed all the heresies in the world”, so that in Thy immaculate and loving hands I may become a useful instrument in engrafting and increasing Thy Glory in so many straying and indifferent souls, and in this way to bring about the greatest extension, the blissful Kingship of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.
For wherever Thou enterest Thou obtainest graces of conversion and sanctification. Through Thy immaculate hands all graces from the Sweetest Heart of Jesus flow upon us.
Grant me the grace to praise Thee, Lady most holy.
Grant me strength against my enemies."
A plenary indulgence for Knights
According to the Brief of Pope Pius XI dated December 18, 1926, the members of the Militia Immaculatae can obtain a plenary indulgence on the following days:
— the day of their enrollment in the MI;
— the anniversary of the founding of the MI (October 17);
— the Feast of the Immaculate Conception (December 8);
— the Feast of the Annunciation (March 25);
— the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes (February 11);
— the anniversary of the first appearance of Our Lady in Fatima (May 13);
— the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi (October 4);
— the Feast of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal (November 27).
Besides the usual conditions for receiving a plenary indulgence (sacramental Confession within eight days, reception of Holy Communion, prayer for the intentions of the Popes, freedom from attachment to any sin), one must renew his promise to adhere to the Statues of the MI and to keep them faithfully.