How to join
Original Statutes of the Militia Immaculatæ (by St. Maximilian)
"She will crush your head." (Genesis 3:15)
"Thou alone hast vanquished all heresies throughout the world." (from the Roman Breviary)
I. Goal of Membership
To work for the conversion to God of all men, be they sinners, heretics, schismatics, Jews, etc., in particular the Freemasons; and that all become saints, under the patronage and through the mediation of the Immaculate Virgin.
II. Conditions of Membership
1. To consecrate oneself entirely to the Immaculate Virgin, placing oneself freely as a docile and generous instrument in her hands.
2. To wear the Miraculous Medal.
III. Duties of Membership
1. If possible, to pray the following ejaculatory prayer at least once a day: "O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee, and for all those who do not have recourse to thee, especially for the Freemasons and for those who are commended to thy care."
2. To use all other valid and legitimate means for the conversion and sanctification of men, according to one’s means, in the different states and conditions of life, as the occasions present themselves; this is entrusted to the zeal and prudence of each one. Particularly recommended, however, is spreading the Miraculous Medal.
N.B. These means are recommended only as suggestions and not as an obligation; not one of them obliges under pain of sin, not even venial sin. Our principal motive is to help the greatest possible number of souls to be united with the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the mediation of the Immaculata.
M.I. Preparation for enrollment
* Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
People entering the ranks of Knights of the Immaculata, give themselves to Her with the following consecration composed by St. Maximilian Kolbe:
"O Immaculata, Queen of heaven and earth, refuge of sinners and our Mother most loveable, to whom God deigned to confide the whole order of mercy, I N.N., an unworthy sinner, prostrate myself at Thy feet, humbly begging Thee if Thou wouldst deign to take me wholly and entirely as Thy property and possession and to use me, together with all the powers of my body and soul, my life, my death, my eternity, as pleases Thee. Use the whole of me, if Thou so willest, without any reservations, to fulfill that which is said of Thee, “She has crushed all the heresies in the world”, so that in Thy immaculate and loving hands I may become a useful instrument in engrafting and increasing Thy Glory in so many straying and indifferent souls, and in this way to bring about the greatest extension, the blissful Kingship of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.
For wherever Thou enterest Thou obtainest graces of conversion and sanctification. Through Thy immaculate hands all graces from the Sweetest Heart of Jesus flow upon us.
Grant me the grace to praise Thee, Lady most holy.
Grant me strength against my enemies."
A plenary indulgence for Knights
According to the Brief of Pope Pius XI dated December 18, 1926, the members of the Militia Immaculatae can obtain a plenary indulgence on the following days:
— the day of their enrollment in the MI;
— the anniversary of the founding of the MI (October 17);
— the Feast of the Immaculate Conception (December 8);
— the Feast of the Annunciation (March 25);
— the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes (February 11);
— the anniversary of the first appearance of Our Lady in Fatima (May 13);
— the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi (October 4);
— the Feast of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal (November 27).
Besides the usual conditions for receiving a plenary indulgence (sacramental Confession within eight days, reception of Holy Communion, prayer for the intentions of the Popes, freedom from attachment to any sin), one must renew his promise to adhere to the Statues of the MI and to keep them faithfully.